Processing time at the embassy
The Consulate of Indonesia in Frankfurt has announced that the processing time is now 18 days. Please take this into account in your planning.
Office in Berlin closed
Due to the World Women's Day on 08.03.2019, Berlin has a holiday and our office is closed. Please take this into account in your planning.
Limited visa application in Hamburg
The Indian Consulate General in Hamburg announces that no express processing is possible this week. The normal processing can also delay a bit. Please include this circumstance in your visa planning.
21.02.2019 Angola, Iran, Indonesia, Belarus, Russian Federation, India
Holidays in March
Due to holidays or other reasons the following embassies and/or consulates will be closed in March (in case not otherwise stated this is always nationwide):
- 04.03. - 05.03.2019: Angola (Berlin)
- 07.03.2019: Indonesia (Frankfurt)
- 08.03.2019: Russian Federation (Munich)
- 08.03.2019: Belarus (Munich)
- 20.03. - 22.03.2019: Iran (Frankfurt, Munich)
- 21.03.2019: India (Munich)
21.01.2019 Thailand, Iran, Japan, China, Taiwan
Holidays in February
Due to holidays or other reasons the following embassies and/or consulates will be closed in February (in case not otherwise stated this is always nationwide):
- 04.02.2019: Japan (Frankfurt)
- 04.02. + 05.02.2019: China (Munich)
- 04.02.2019 - 06.02.2019: China (Berlin, Hamburg)
- 04.02.2019 - 08.02.2019: China (Frankfurt)
- 05.02.2019: Taiwan (Munich)
- 12.02.2019: Iran (Munich)
- 15.02. + 18.02.2019: China (Munich)
- 19.02.2019: Thailand (Munich)
*UPDATE* Current information about USA
Due to the budget freeze in the USA, applicants currently face restrictions on visa application and appointment arrangements. The embassy in Berlin has withdrawn all available interview dates. It is currently not possible to book appointments. Already booked appointments should not be affected according to the homepage. It is possible that the consulates in Munich and Frankfurt will follow as well. *UPDATE* 10.01.2019 Due to unforeseen construction issues at the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Berlin, all Nonimmigrant Visa appointments have been cancelled indefinitely. For urgent travel, you may reschedule your appointment at the U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt or Munich.
14.12.2018 Japan, Russian Federation, USA
Holidays in January
Due to holidays or other reasons the following embassies and/or consulates will be closed in January (in case not otherwise stated this is always nationwide):
- 31.12.2018 - 03.01.2019: Japan (Munich)
- 31.12.2018 - 08.01.2019: Russian Federation (Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich)
- 31.12.2018 - 09.01.2019: Russian Federation (Bonn)
- 21.01.2019: USA
04.12.2018 Russian Federation
Changed Visa requirements
The Consulate General of Russia in Hamburg informs that from now on non-German citizens will have to present a copy of the registration certificate or a current employer certificate in addition to the application documents in order to confirm their residence in Germany.
28.11.2018 Malawi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, China, Mozambique, Thailand, Japan, Angola, Cameroon, Algeria, South Sudan
Holidays in December
Due to holidays or other reasons the following embassies and/or consulates will be closed in December (in case not otherwise stated this is always nationwide):
- 05.12.2018: Thailand (Berlin, Munich)
- 17.12.2018 - 04.01.2019: Angola
- 17.12.2018 - 04.01.2019: Mozambique
- 21.12.2018: Algeria
- 21.12. - 02.01.2019: South Sudan
- 21.12. - 07.01.2019: Malawi
- 24.12.2018: China
- 24.12. + 31.12.2018: Ghorfa
- 24.12. + 31.12.2018: Japan (Munich)
- 24.12. - 01.01.2019: Cameroon
- 24.12. - 02.01.2019: Congo, Dem. Rep.
07.11.2018 Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Delays in applying for a UK visa
In November/December 2018 UK-Visas will adjust the application process. There may be delays in applying for a UK visa and booking an appointment during this time. In urgent cases please speak in advance with our office in Düsseldorf.