Flights to the Philippines
The Embassy of the Philippines in Berlin informs that no entries are currently possible, if the flight is from or via China (including Hong Kong).
Please take this into account when planning and possibly rebook.
Holidays in January
Due to holidays or other reasons the following embassies and/or consulates will be closed in January (in case not otherwise stated this is always nationwide):
- 01.01.2020 - 08.01.2020: Russian Federation
- 06.01.2020: Japan (Munich)
- 27.01. + 28.01.2020: China (Munich)
- 27.01. - 29.01.2020: China (Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg)
Visa for Ethiopia
The Embassy of Ethiopia in Berlin informs that no embassy visas will be issued until further notice.
What options do you have as a customer?
- Single entry
Issuance only possible as an e-visa (no matter which category)
- Multiple entries
Fly to Ethiopia and apply directly there (immigration)
As soon as embassy visas are issued again, we receive information from the embassy and inform you promptly.
Holidays in December
Due to holidays or other reasons the following embassies and/or consulates will be closed in December (in case not otherwise stated this is always nationwide):
- 05.12.2019 - 31.12.2019: Thailand (Munich)
- 13.12.2019 - 03.01.2020: Angola (Berlin)
- 16.12.2019 - 03.01.2020: Nigeria (Berlin)
- 23.12.2019 - 01.01.2020: Mozambique (Berlin)
- 23.12.2019 - 01.01.2020: BVA (Bonn)
- 24.12.2019 - 01.01.2020: Vietnam (Frankfurt)
- 24.12.2019 - 05.01.2020: Sierra Leone (Berlin)
- 27.12.1029: China (Munich)
- 30.12.2019 - 06.01.2020: Japan (Munich)
OPENING HOURS DURING THE HOLIDAYS
In the following we would like to let you know how you can reach us at the upcoming - hopefully for all of us restful - holidays:
24.12.2019: All branches are open until 12.00.
25.-26.12 .2019: BUSINESS VISUM remains closed.
27.12 .2019: Normal working day; BUSINESS VISUM can be reached as usual (except Hamburg).
30.12 .2019: Normal working day; BUSINESS VISUM can be reached as usual.
31.12.2019: All branches are open until 12.00.
01.01.2020: BUSINESS VISUM remains closed.
Important changes in the consulate of Russia in Frankfurt
The consulate of Russia in Frankfurt informs that from 12.12.2019 onward no sameday processing is possible. Temporarily there will only be express processing within 3 working days (only in connection with a ministerial invitation).
It is anticipated that there will be a sameday processing again from the middle of January. We will inform you as soon as new information is available.
IMPORTANT CHANGE IN THE APPLICATION PROCEDURE!
On behalf of the Chinese Visa Application Service Center (China Provider), we received the message that, as of 16.12.2019, the applicant must appear in person in order to give his or her fingerprints.
Currently exempted from this are:
- Persons under 14 years or over 70 years
- Owners of diplomatic passports and persons exempted under bilateral agreements.
- Persons who apply for a Chinese visa with the same passport and whose fingerprints have already been provided within the last 5 years (the biometric visa must be presented in the same passport upon application)
- People who have finger limitations or who can not capture fingerprints from all 10 fingers for other reasons.
Business Visum remains in close contact with the Chinese Visa Application Service Center. Once we have news and concrete procedures, we will provide you with the information on our website.
In the coming weeks, we will keep you up to date on the changes to be expected on our website in the News section. In the beginning, we expect adjustments and temporal effects on the proceesing times.
Interview appointments for USA
At present the lead time for interview appointments in the consulates Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich is currently 1-2 weeks!
Holidays in November
Due to holidays or other reasons the following embassies and/or consulates will be closed in November (in case not otherwise stated this is always nationwide):
- 01.11.2019: Myanmar (Berlin)
Changes to the application process
The Canadian Government announces changes to the application process on November 1st 2019. How these will look like is not yet known. As soon as we have details, we will publish them.