Entry restrictions for Vietnam
The visa free entry for nationals of the following 8 European countries is temporarily suspended:
Germany, Great Britain, France, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Sweden.
In view of the worldwide spread of the COVID-19 epidemic, the obligation to provide medical information has been applicable to all travelers to Vietnam since Saturday, March 7th, 2020, both with Vietnamese and foreign citizenship.
Travelers who are currently in China and cannot or do not want to leave the country for personal reasons, their visas are automatically extended by 2 months.
Residence permits for China are also extended by two months, but the associated work permits must also be extended because they do not automatically extend.
Holidays in March
Due to holidays or other reasons the following embassies and/or consulates will be closed in March (in case not otherwise stated this is always nationwide):
- 02.03.2020: Myanmar (Berlin)
- 09.03.2020: Myanmar (Berlin)
- 09.03.2020: Russian Federation (Munich)
- 10.03.2020: India
- 19.03.2020: Iran (Munich)
- 20.03.2020: Japan (Munich)
- 23.03.2020: Angola (Berlin)
- 27.03.2020: Myanmar (Berlin)
Holidays in February
Due to holidays or other reasons the following embassies and/or consulates will be closed in February (in case not otherwise stated this is always nationwide):
- 12.02.2020: Myanmar (Berlin)
- 24.02.2020: Japan (Munich)
- 24.02.2020: Russian Federation (Munich)
- 24.02. + 25.02.2020: Brazil (Munich)
Restricted entry to Australia
Applicants who have been to China since February 1, 2020, live there or have traveled through China are currently not allowed to enter Australia.
USA travel ban for China travelers
The entry of foreign nationals who have been to China within 14 days prior to their arrival in the United States, with the exception of Hong Kong and Macau, is suspended under the President's proclamation. If you live in China, have recently traveled to China, or plan to travel to China before your planned trip to the United States, we recommend postponing the visa interview date to 14 days after your departure from China.
The following groups of people are excluded:
- Close family members of US citizens (e.g. spouse, children)
- Green Card Holders (Legal Permanent Residents)
- Airline or shipping company crew members (C / D Visa)
- Diplomats, government members or their family members (A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3, G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO visas)
The decree is initially valid for 15 days. The US authorities announced that after this period the security situation would be reviewed every two weeks and the entry ban would be lifted or extended accordingly.
Due to the current situation, we strongly recommend all travelers who have been in China in the past few weeks to check the travel plans to the USA. If the stay in China was more than 14 days before the planned entry into the USA, (foreign) people can enter, but have to prepare for more intensive surveys / reviews.
Flights to the Philippines
The Embassy of the Philippines in Berlin informs that no entries are currently possible, if the flight is from or via China (including Hong Kong).
Please take this into account when planning and possibly rebook.
Holidays in January
Due to holidays or other reasons the following embassies and/or consulates will be closed in January (in case not otherwise stated this is always nationwide):
- 01.01.2020 - 08.01.2020: Russian Federation
- 06.01.2020: Japan (Munich)
- 27.01. + 28.01.2020: China (Munich)
- 27.01. - 29.01.2020: China (Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg)
Visa for Ethiopia
The Embassy of Ethiopia in Berlin informs that no embassy visas will be issued until further notice.
What options do you have as a customer?
- Single entry
Issuance only possible as an e-visa (no matter which category)
- Multiple entries
Fly to Ethiopia and apply directly there (immigration)
As soon as embassy visas are issued again, we receive information from the embassy and inform you promptly.
Holidays in December
Due to holidays or other reasons the following embassies and/or consulates will be closed in December (in case not otherwise stated this is always nationwide):
- 05.12.2019 - 31.12.2019: Thailand (Munich)
- 13.12.2019 - 03.01.2020: Angola (Berlin)
- 16.12.2019 - 03.01.2020: Nigeria (Berlin)
- 23.12.2019 - 01.01.2020: Mozambique (Berlin)
- 23.12.2019 - 01.01.2020: BVA (Bonn)
- 24.12.2019 - 01.01.2020: Vietnam (Frankfurt)
- 24.12.2019 - 05.01.2020: Sierra Leone (Berlin)
- 27.12.1029: China (Munich)
- 30.12.2019 - 06.01.2020: Japan (Munich)